Are you a game developer or animator looking for challenge this January? Quick! It’s still not too late to join Newgrounds’ Flash Forward Jam and win up to $700.
Even with Adobe having recently ended support for Flash Player, Newgrounds and many other websites want to preserve the tradition of Flash development and media, hence the name Flash Forward, a look into Flash’s future. This jam challenges game devs to develop a Flash game (or interactive movie), in 2021, long after Flash’s heyday.
Here’s the rules:
- Make something interactive with Flash, either a game or interactive movie, which could include an animation collab with a cool menu interface, or something with decisions / alternate endings.
- Make it with ActionScript 2 and confirm it works via Ruffle before publishing. You will see a “Test with Ruffle” link on your preview page. Ruffle is what we use to run Flash on NG without the Flash plugin, you can read more about it below!
- Upload any time in January and tag it “Flash-Forward-Jam” to participate!
The jam will have three award categories:
- Game (Top 7 Ranked), with a grand prize of $700 and an interview with Newground’s own TheInterviewer.
- Movie with Interactive Element (Top 3 Ranked), with a grand prize of $200 and an interview with TheInterviewer.
- Best Mobile-Friendly Entry (Game or Movie), a $100 prize for the entry which works best on a smartphone, it wouldn’t be Flash Forward without overcoming some demons after all!
For more details see: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1460728
Good luck and Flash on!